1. Personal Caregiver @ Bayshore HealthCare
Bayshore is looking for passionate and caring Personal Caregivers to join our amazing team. You will be creating special moments for clients each and every day. If your calling is to be the “difference” by providing outstanding care, than a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU! We value our Bayshore caregivers with:
- Regular work schedules and assignments
- Highest industry wages for the critical work you do
- Company sponsored Benefits (health and dental) for you and your family
- Paid orientation and paid training
- Competitive travel compensation
- Efficient work schedules with more care time and less travel
- Opportunities to grow in your career
- Easy Access to managers and schedulers who listen and support the important work you do!
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience preferred. Driver’s license and vehicle an asset.
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As Canada’s largest and best homecare company, join us as we continue our 50+ year tradition of supporting our Personal Caregivers to make “being the difference” a Career!
Bayshore is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and all Provincial Human Rights legislation.
2. Health Care Aide HCA @Bayshore HealthCare
Full Job Description
HEALTH CARE AIDE
Guaranteed, Full Time with immediate Benefits to start ASAP, must drive. The opportunity is open to all Health Care Aides HCA who wish to work in a community setting.
Available locations: Calgary, Aidrie, Olds, Okotoks, High River
Bayshore is growing and we are seeking a dedicated Health Care Aide, that drives. Join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. We offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love – Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Chart your path – Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer work flexibility designed to empower you. As a Caregiver with Bayshore, choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the wellbeing of your clients & communities – Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
The Work You Will Do
- As a Health Care Aide, you provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community
- Provide standard care services and assistance with basic and instrumental activities of daily living (ADL/IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required. Examples include providing personal companionship, meal prep, housekeeping, personal care, medication reminders, respite care, dementia care, hospital discharge and palliative care to clients on a one to one basis in their homes or community setting as a Health Care Aide
- Ensure on an ongoing basis that the emotional, physical comfort, and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
Who You Are
- You have a desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- You are dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices for community care
- You have a reliable VEHICLE
- You have a clear Vulnerable Sector Check or willing to get
- You have completed a formal, accredited caregiver training program as a Health Care Aide
- You have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
**Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Bayshore is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.
3. Personal Support Worker – home support @Unicare Home Health Care Inc.
Full Job Description
- Rural area
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Security and safety
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver’s licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
4. HOMEMAKERS NEEDED @Community Support Services of Niagara
Full Job Description
-To provide and complete agreed upon and specific services for clients in their own home
-To provide services including light housekeeping, cleaning, laundry, errands, food preparation as determined by the client and the CSSN Service Coordinator
-To advise the CSSN Service Coordinator if you cannot perform the work
-To work in a safe manner and wear gloves as required and non-slip shoes and safety equipment as designated
-To refrain from lifting or moving heavy objects such as sofas, refrigerators etc.
-To be available for client assignments up to 24 hours per week
-To be a good listener and respect the needs, decisions and rights of the client
-To refrain from providing the following activities including: personal care, lifting of client, dispensing medications, providing advice – if in doubt contact CSSN Service Coordinator
-To inform the CSSN Service Coordinator of any concerns noted in client’s condition or safety issues in client’s home
-To understand and follow emergency procedures
-To keep a record of hours worked and report to CSSN Service Coordinator
-To inform the CSSN Service Coordinator if you can no longer be a homemaker or will be away for a length of time
-To maintain confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior residential cleaning experience necessary
- To complete the screening process: application form, personal interview, police check including vulnerable sector clearance, provision of references, sign confidentiality agreement and attend orientation and training (mandatory)
- To be available for scheduled shifts
- Willingness to travel within the St. Catharines and Thorold area
- Reliable vehicle with access to vehicle throughout the day
- Million-dollar liability automobile insurance
- To have patience, understanding and enjoy helping others
- Ability to speak French an asset
WAGE, BENEFITS & HOURS:
- Workers are CSSN part time staff
- Scheduled shifts Mon-Fri, up to 24 hours per week
- Hourly wage of $17.17 plus 4% vacation pay
- Ability to work between the hours 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Probationary period is 3 months
- Paid training day, to be added onto first pay cheque (after working first schedule)
How to Apply
We thank all those for applying in advance, due to volume only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CSSN is an equal-opportunity employer
5. Caregivers and Personal Support Workers in Niagara Falls @ConsidraCare
Full Job Description
Hourly & Live-in Caregiver Positions Available. Please apply now if you are looking for flexible shifts at competitive pay rates.
ConsidraCare is actively looking for compassionate, caring and competent professional caregivers and Personal Support Workers (PSWs). New grads, immigrant nurses and nursing students are welcome to apply.
We are committed to creating safe, respectable and progressive professional opportunities for caregivers, with attractive perks and competitive wages (starting at $21-22/ hour for PSWs.
APPLY NOW: www.considracare.com
What our caregivers say :
“As a PSW who has worked long years in the industry, ConsidraCare is one of the best I’ve encountered. Their dedication to the client’s well-being is shown through how well and thoroughly they continue to maintain the happiness and well-being of their PSWs.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Caring management, with regular check-ins and support
- Reimbursement for vulnerability sector check
- Paid mileage
- Career advancement through paid online training, GPA certification
- Performance incentives (e.g. caregiver of the month rewards )
- Free PPE
- Digital interviews and onboarding
- Flexible schedules (shifts available during mornings, afternoons, overnights, and weekends)
- Referral bonuses
- Custom-built mobile app to help with daily tasks and staying on top of clients’ care plans and timesheets
- Access to full-time and backup placements across Ontario
Typical tasks of caregivers can include:
- Building one-on-one relationships with elderly clients
- Helping clients maintain their routines and independence
- Keeping client families updated through the ConsidraCare app
- Planning and preparing quality meals
- Light housekeeping (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care e.g. assisting with bathing, grooming, toileting, incontinence care (PSWs only)
- Help with mobility e.g. getting in and out of the bed, bathing, walking
- Medication reminders
- Helping clients with Alzheimer’s or Dementia through gentle cueing and orient
- Running errands e.g. grocery shopping, picking prescriptions and driving to appointments
- PSW, nursing or similar certifications. International nursing or home health certifications are also accepted. Retired nurses are welcome to apply.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check (cost will be reimbursed by ConsidraCare)
- Valid First Aid / CPR certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records and COVID-19 proof of vaccination
- A valid driving license is a plus but not mandatory
Physical Qualifications :
Our placements can be physically demanding. Caregivers are expected to be:
- Able to lift 20 – 30 kgs and assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, reach and stand an average of 4 hours per day frequently with good hand, arm and shoulder dexterity
ConsidraCare is a female-founded and Canadian family-owned care assistance and caregiver placement agency. We provide affordable and high-quality care to seniors across Ontario. We are dedicated to helping Canadian seniors age in the safety, comfort and dignity of their own homes. We are also committed to creating well-paying and respectable placement opportunities for caregiving professionals and empowering them to deliver the best quality care through training, support and a state-of-the-art technology platform. Join us today and make a difference in someone’s life! Find out more at www.considracare.com or phone us at 1-855-410-7971.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: One location