According to Wikipedia, a caregiver is a paid or unpaid member of a person’s social network who helps them with activities of daily living.
There are only four kinds of people in this world: those who have been caregivers, those who are currently caregivers, those who will be caregivers and those who will need caregivers. Caregiving is universal.
– Rosalynn Carter, Former First Lady of the United States
To understand the importance of a caregiver, think of health care as a three-legged stool. Family caregivers serve as one leg of the stool; professional caregivers (doctors, nurses, etc.) act as another; and the care recipient is the third leg. Without all three legs, health care cannot be as effective as it needs to be.
In UK, Canada and USA, there are so many job opportunities for caregivers. Below, we will highlight some available caregiver’s job opportunity. Do well to apply through the provided links.
NB: Everything we do here is totally free. We will never ask for money or any sensitive information from you. Also note that we are not the providers of these offers. Thank you and good luck.
1. Live-in caregiver @Home Instead UK
Seniority level: Entry level
Employment type: Contract
Job function: Caregiver
Industries: Hospitals and Health Care
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. We match our Live-in caregiver to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enable us to provide personalized support at home.
- Please note that all of our caregivers opportunities are for candidates who obtain full right to work documentation, as unfortunately Home Instead cannot issue Visas at present. ***
Our Live-in caregivers support clients in their own home 7 days a week, assisting with a range of duties which may include:
- home help tasks such as light cleaning
- meal preparation
- personal care
As leaders in this industry, we have always valued the important work of our caregivers. We know their work is essential to our mission and our caregivers are the best in the business. All of our caregivers are supported daily. We believe teamwork is key and our caregivers will work closely with our office team, reporting on tasks, activities etc. through an online portal and telephone calls.
We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic, and caring individuals who are passionate about providing the highest quality of care.
- At least 12 months of professional care experience in a live-in role
- Friendly, approachable and caring with a desire to help others
- Reliable, punctual, compassionate, honest & trustworthy
- A good level of written and spoken English
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
- Starting from £770+ per week
- Flexible working patterns depending on the clients’ care needs
- Award-winning training programme
- Holiday pay, travel contribution and company pension
- Caregivers wellbeing and social events
- Personal dedicated wellbeing support from the core daily team and through the Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to develop your career in social care with professional qualifications
Our Live-in caregivers are provided with a daily food allowance, rest breaks, a private room to stay and access to a TV and WiFi.If you’re looking for work that is extremely rewarding and satisfying and have a high degree of flexibility to meet our clients’ needs, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our amazing team on 020 8446 7044.We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure and training.
2. In-Home Caregiver Victoria, BC @Surework Home Care Solutions
Full Job Description
Surework Home Care Solutions is looking for a compassionate caregiver to join our team in Victoria, BC. Be one with our goal of helping seniors maintain their independence and remain in the comfort of their homes.
Surework Home Care Solutions offers a wide range of senior care services that allow them to age with dignity and live a quality life. As a care provider, your duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing companionship and personal care (bathing, dressing, grooming, and other activities of daily living)
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Administering medications
- Doing light housekeeping
- Secondary school diploma or graduation certificate
- Experience is not necessary, but an advantage
- Can communicate in English
- Can properly and safely lift and transfer patients
We offer LMIA. Apply if you are in Canada. You may also apply if you are looking for job opportunities to help you fill your open shifts.
3. End of Life Interim Caregiver (community based) @ACS Care Services
A new and exciting opportunity presents job roles for EOL caregivers.
ACS Care Services are commissioned to provide immediate End of Life care to patients in their own homes. The aim of this service is to provide immediate support for EOL patients as identified by the CNWL District Nursing service to meet the individuals needs in the gap ahead of a CHC package being fast-tracked to a continuing healthcare provider. The care package will take place within 4 hours of the referral.
Typical immediate EOL patient needs include:
-Pressure area care
-Support with food and fluids
-And other tasks to meet the patient’s individual needs
Patients will typically require multiple visits each day (an average of 2) and all visits will be double handed e.g. require two members of staff and will be delivered in patients own homes across Milton Keynes and surrounding areas
Hours: 35 per week
Rotational shifts, covering Monday – Sunday 0700-1400 & 1400-2100
Salary: £26,390 + 40 pence per mile
Start date: Week commencing 7th November 2022
Contract: 6-month fixed term contract – may be extended
You will need to be a driver with permanent use of your own vehicle. Your vehicle insurance will need to include business insurance as you will be travelling around in the community.
Full training will be provided.
Disclosure Information will be required for DBS application.
4. Live-in caregiver for seniors @Comforts of Home – Care Inc.
Full Job Description
Work site environment
- Room and board provided
- Staff accommodation available
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Security and safety
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Immunization records
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver’s licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
- Wellness program
5. Caregivers and Personal Support Workers in Brampton @ConsidraCare
Full Job Description
Hourly & Live-in Caregiver Positions Available. Please apply now if you are looking for flexible shifts at competitive pay rates.
ConsidraCare is actively looking for compassionate, caring and competent professional caregivers and Personal Support Workers (PSWs). New grads, immigrant nurses and nursing students are welcome to apply.
We are committed to creating safe, respectable and progressive professional opportunities for caregivers, with attractive perks and competitive wages (starting at $18.5 -$19/ hour for PSWs.
APPLY NOW: www.considracare.com
What our caregivers say :
“As a PSW who has worked long years in the industry, ConsidraCare is one of the best I’ve encountered. Their dedication to the client’s well-being is shown through how well and thoroughly they continue to maintain the happiness and well-being of their PSWs.”
Perks & Benefits:
- Caring management, with regular check-ins and support
- Reimbursement for vulnerability sector check
- Paid mileage
- Career advancement through paid online training, GPA certification
- Performance incentives (e.g. caregiver of the month rewards )
- Free PPE
- Digital interviews and onboarding
- Flexible schedules (shifts available during mornings, afternoons, overnights, and weekends)
- Referral bonuses
- Custom-built mobile app to help with daily tasks and staying on top of clients’ care plans and timesheets
- Access to full-time and backup placements across Ontario
Typical tasks of caregivers can include:
- Building one-on-one relationships with elderly clients
- Helping clients maintain their routines and independence
- Keeping client families updated through the ConsidraCare app
- Planning and preparing quality meals
- Light housekeeping (sweeping, vacuuming, laundry, everyday tasks)
- Providing personal care e.g. assisting with bathing, grooming, toileting, incontinence care (PSWs only)
- Help with mobility e.g. getting in and out of the bed, bathing, walking
- Medication reminders
- Helping clients with Alzheimer’s or Dementia through gentle cueing and orient
- Running errands e.g. grocery shopping, picking prescriptions and driving to appointments
- PSW, nursing or similar certifications. International nursing or home health certifications are also accepted. Retired nurses are welcome to apply.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check (cost will be reimbursed by ConsidraCare)
- Valid First Aid / CPR certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records and COVID-19 proof of vaccination
- A valid driving license is a plus but not mandatory
Physical Qualifications :
Our placements can be physically demanding. Caregivers are expected to be:
- Able to lift 20 – 30 kgs and assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, reach and stand an average of 4 hours per day frequently with good hand, arm and shoulder dexterity
ConsidraCare is a female-founded and Canadian family-owned care assistance and caregiver placement agency. We provide affordable and high-quality care to seniors across Ontario. We are dedicated to helping Canadian seniors age in the safety, comfort and dignity of their own homes. We are also committed to creating well-paying and respectable placement opportunities for caregiving professionals and empowering them to deliver the best quality care through training, support and a state-of-the-art technology platform. Join us today and make a difference in someone’s life! Find out more at www.considracare.com or phone us at 1-855-410-7971.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: One location